Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Very Own Website!

For this assignment we were to make our own teaching websites. I found this to be a very exciting task because I had never made a website of any format before.  To create the website, we used Google Sites which made the set up very easy. We had to create a certain number of web pages, titles, and banners while making the site itself phsyically appealing. I found that this was a very informative project and it is something that I could use a lot once I become a teacher. One of the parts of the project that I found myself having trouble with was creating the tables for organization on one of the pages. I found that the software only allowed you to do so much and that the way of organizing the information in the tables was limited. Overall, I really enjoyed this project. I think that this assignment met the NETS Goals 2: Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments because the children would have been able to interact with the teacher and the class on the website. They would’ve been allowed to go through and look at future assignments as well as see websites that the teacher finds helpful for them. I think it also met NETS goals 4: Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility and 5: Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership because the assignment allowed us to test how we would present ourselves for our class. If you would like to view my website you can here.

No comments:

Post a Comment