Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I'm Turning It In.

For this assignment, we got to test a plagiarism site used by many teachers. This was a very cool project because we could see how this site matches information turned in by students to sites on the Internet that they would've copied from. We had two parts to this project, we were to answer questions about how electronics can be geared more towards males than females. First, we were to take information completely from on the Internet, then turn it in to Turnitin.com and make a 100 percent plagiarized paper. After we completed that, we were to answer the questions in our own words and then submit the paper to website again to show that it was our own work which would produce a zero percent plagiarized paper. I had no troubles whatsoever with this assignment and found it very enjoyable to complete. I think I could definitely use this in the future if I were to have my students complete a writing assignment to test their honesty in their own work. I think this assignment met NETS goals 3: Model Digital-Age Work and Learning and 4: Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility because it was a way of working with teachnology to learn by creating the paper and turning it in to website itself as well as testing one's responsibility and honesty by testing a person's work on the site. If you would like to see my questions that I completed myself you can do so here.

No comments:

Post a Comment