Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Using Web Tools

In this assignment, we were to use online web tools to create a rubric, a quiz, and a track of files for our potential students to look at. The quiz and rubric were based off an assignment we would make from our previous concept maps. Since my concept map was on great white sharks, I composed a quiz on that species and also created a rubric for my imaginary students oral presentations as well. For this presentation, I had a hard time finding reliable sites to create for my track. I kept running into problems there but once I found a couple of good teaching sites I found it easier to navigate. I also had a little trouble with creating my rubric on Rubistar.com. The problem I found there, is that I seemed to having a hard time finding the wording for what I was going to be grading my potential students on. I found the more I worked with the actual program that it gave good examples to help me find how I should word my columns. This assignment was supposed to meet NETS Goals 2, Model Digital-Age Work and Learning Design and NETS Goal 3, Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments. I think it did meet NET Goal 2 because it did involve having the students using digital ways of learning through the Tracks assignment as well as having the online rubric reference. This assignment definitely met NETS Goal 3 because the assessment that I created was online based. You can find my rubric here and my quiz here. If you would like to look at my tracks you can find them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment